Town of Osoyoos
The resort municipality of Osoyoos, BC located in the beautiful south Okanagan Valley, approximately 60 km south of Penticton on the BC/Washington State border, is seeking a Senior Planner. Osoyoos is situated in a unique and special environment that includes the warmest freshwater lake in Canada and the warmest annual temperature. It is Canada’s only true desert with the lowest annual precipitation and Sonoran Desert flora and fauna. Surrounded by stunning vistas, beautiful vineyards, fabulous golf courses and other outdoor amenities it is an extraordinary area to visit, play and live.
Osoyoos is seeking an individual motivated to provide professional planning and development services to internal and external clients in the position of Senior Planner. This position reports to the Director of Planning and Development Services and will work cooperatively with diverse work groups in the organization and have the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with Council, Committees and outside agencies. The challenging workload includes a varied, diverse and sophisticated level of professional opportunities.
The qualified candidate’s excellent organization and communications skills will further assist public stakeholders to define problems, identify solutions and options, and build consensus. If you have the ability to assemble, analyze and synthesize demographic, socio-economic, environmental, land use and infrastructure information needed for planning purposes and hold the following qualifications, Osoyoos offers a challenging opportunity!
- Preferably a master’s degree in Community and Regional Planning or a closely related field combined with 3 years related experience OR a bachelor’s degree in Community and Regional Planning or a closely related field combined with 7 years related and varied experience;
- Additional university accreditation in planning related programs such as urban design, sustainable development or community engagement would be an asset;
- Knowledge of the BC Community Charter, BC Local Government Act, and other provincial policies in respect of planning matters;
- Demonstrated broad and detailed knowledge of contemporary community and regional planning theories and practices;
- Ability to work on a number of concurrent tasks with deadline pressures;
- Strong report writing and presentation skills;
- Undertake leadership role with special projects;
- Provide quality customer service including courteously and expeditiously responding to front counter enquiries;
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office products - Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel, along with working knowledge of GIS related programs;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends;
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
This permanent full-time position is included in the CUPE bargaining unit. The hourly wage for the position is $35.39 - $41.63 depending upon qualifications and experience, plus an attractive fringe benefits package. For a copy of the detailed job description please visit the Town of Osoyoos website at www.osoyoos.ca . Qualified individuals are invited to submit a cover letter and resume in confidence by 2:00 PM on Friday, October 5, 2018 to:
Janette Van Vianen, Director of Corporate Services
PO Box 3010, 8707 Main Street
Osoyoos, BC V0H 1V0
Position related questions may be directed to:
Gina MacKay, MCIP, RPP, Director of Planning & Development Services
firstname.lastname@example.org 250 495-4606
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Location: Osoyoos, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Planning & Development
Posted: September 11, 2018, 3:06 pm
Expires: October 5, 2018, 2:00 pm