School District No. 23 (Central Okanagan)
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23), Kelowna BC, provides education services to 22,000 students in the communities of Peachland, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country and the Regional District of Central Okanagan.
Situated in the mountains, valleys, desert and warm climate of the Okanagan are Central Okanagan Public Schools. Ranked as one of the best locations to live in Canada, the Central Okanagan is a great place to live, work and learn! With its scenic views it offers excellent year round recreation including golfing, hiking, camping, fishing, kayaking, sailing, water sports, biking and skiing. Sparkling Okanagan Lake, sandy beaches, spectacular mountain views, hillsides of fruit tree blossoms, world-class wineries and bustling farm markets make this area a desirable destination for future citizens.
We invite applications for the position of:
HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC
As a vital part of our Operations team, this position is responsible for the repairs and maintenance of the district vehicles, equipment and buses.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position, offering a wage rate of $30.69 per hour, plus a comprehensive employee benefit package including extended medical health and dental coverage, short term and long term disability insurance, life insurance and participation in a defined benefit pension plan.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Grade 12;
- Interprovincial Automotive Service Technician Trade Certification with a Interprovincial Commercial Transport Vehicle Trade Certification or a Interprovincial Heavy Duty Technician Trade Certification;
- Class 2 Drivers license with Air Endorsement;
- Proven experience and demonstrated skills in the use and techniques of tools, equipment and safety precautions pertaining to the use and maintenance of the district fleet vehicles and equipment;
- Practical experience with electronic system diagnosis, electronic injection systems, diesel, electric and natural gas powered vehicles including vehicle components, such as air brake systems, automatic transmissions, air bag systems and hydraulic systems;
- Ability to carry, lift, push and pull awkward or large heavy objects up to 50 lbs. or more.
WORKING/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Work involves frequent exposure to unpleasant elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, odors, fumes, smoke, loud noise, chemicals, etc.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.makeafuture.ca/central-okanagan
with cover letter and resume outlining relevant background and work experience and 3 references by 4:00 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, October 9, 2018.
The Central Okanagan Public Schools thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Location: Kelowna, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Mechanics & Vehicle Maintenance
Posted: September 11, 2018, 12:02 pm
Expires: October 9, 2018, 4:00 pm