Senior Business AnalystRequisition ID: 11689
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The primary focus of this role is to provide business resources and support to drive strategic, operational and financial decisions and support service transformation to improve performance and value for money within the City’s Real Estate and Facilities Management (REFM) department. The work includes developing, reporting and analysing metrics, leading benchmarking and best practice reviews, industry research, leading process improvement projects, leading and tracking key departmental projects and processes, and providing general support to the Director of Strategic Operations. The role will work closely with IT and leverage business intelligence to simplify and provide value-added analysis and metrics reporting. As part of this function, the position has access to confidential information, and makes recommendations that may have an impact on financial and operational areas, as well as staffing levels.
Key Contacts and Reporting Relationships
The Senior Business Analyst reports to the Director, Strategic Operations, and works closely with the REFM management team, operational supervisors, project teams, and HR and Financial staff.
The Senior Business Analyst’s responsibilities will include:
- Develop KPIs for each REFM service and analyze financial and performance indicators to identify areas and recommendations for improvement and cost savings.
- Work with REFM staff to understand performance and KPI fluctuations; present REFM’s performance results to senior leaders in REFM and client departments.
- Develop tools, templates and processes to support REFM in managing and tracking data, processes and projects.
- Lead or participate in business process reviews and process designs for REFM departments, including provision of recommendations regarding REFM processes to identify opportunities for improvement that lead to financial or position savings
- Develop business cases for proposed projects, including cost benefit analyses.
- Manage, track and report on key corporate processes and initiatives within REFM and ensure that requirements are actioned and completed.
- Work with directors and managers to facilitate the budgeting and service planning processes for REFM.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Finance, or Business Administration or other technical field.
- 6-8 years of related post-graduate experience preferably in performance measurement, financial analysis, process improvement and project management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in in data management, business intelligence and data mining, designing reports and dashboards for effective decision making, initiating business process improvements and supporting change initiatives and strategic decisions for a large organization
- Experience with the creation and presentation of public information (formal/informal reports, other publications) as well as engagement involving a diverse range of stakeholders
- Extensive experience in strategically answering complex business problems through data analysis, scenario modeling and creative thinking
- Experience successfully implementing a performance measurement program including driving accountability for performance metrics.
- Experience working with and advising senior leadership
- High level of proficiency with IT applications; advanced usage of Excel.
Business Unit/Department: Finance, Risk & Business Plan (1150)
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: October 2018
Position End Date: September 2020
Application Close: September 21, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Business Analysis/Services
Posted: September 11, 2018, 9:42 am
Expires: September 21, 2018, 11:59 pm