City of Merritt
Director of Engineering & DevelopmentA great career opportunity!
The City is looking for someone to fulfil the role of Director of Engineering & Development. This position has a significant role as part of our senior management leadership team. The team’s role is to effectively lead the continuous need for organizational and process change that is part of success in business and administration.
Merritt is located in the Nicola Valley in South Central British Columbia adjacent to major transportation routes. Forestry, agriculture and tourism are major economic drivers. The improvement of Hydro electrical supply has enhanced opportunities for industrial and manufacturing growth.
The position reports to the Chief Administrative Office (CAO). The Director provides leadership, and guidance in the development, implementation and administration of the City’s capital projects, maintenance programs, the Official Community Plan and Zoning Bylaws.
We are looking for a natural leader who:
- has demonstrated integrity, ethics, the organization’s values, confidentiality and professionalism in their work in thepublic and political environment
- is engaging and comfortable working with the public, fellow staff and Council
- is a strategic thinker who places forethought into all decision making processes
- enjoys the detail of municipal administration, but doesn’t get mired in it
- most importantly… has the drive, but not an over powering one, to lead others to succeed!
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Civil Engineering or Planning
- Extensive municipal infrastructure experience with demonstrated record of technical knowledge, skills and abilities and achievement
- Supervisory experience
- knowledge and understanding of the Community Charter and the Local Government Act
- Experience in computer applications related to the field of engineering
- Ability to interpret construction and design drawings
We are an active community offering hiking, hunting, horseback riding, arts and cultural activities and are the home of a major music festival and more! See that “more” at our website:
Applications will be reviewed commencing October 1, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
Please forward resume, cover letter & requests for information to the attention of:
Shawn Boven, CAO
Location: Merritt, BC
Region: Thompson / Shuswap / Columbia
Professional Categories: Planning & Development,Engineering
Posted: September 10, 2018, 10:38 am
Expires: October 1, 2018, 4:30 pm