Columbia Power is seeking a collaborative and innovative Manager, Engineering to play a key leadership role in driving high performance reliability of our power facilities. This role is responsible for technical support in the development and analysis of test programs and supporting proactive preventative maintenance. This individual will develop the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Capital Project plan and forced outage management program in support of continuous improvement and effective operation of the Corporation’s assets.
Priorities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing proactive preventative maintenance programs that identify and assess risk
- Lead processes such as Failure Modes analysis and Reliability Centered Maintenance to optimize maintenance strategies and plans.
- Developing and implementing an O&M Capital Plan to support the overall strategy for plant operations including equipment and maintenance programs, and asset management plans.
- Lead the forced outage management program to effectively manage outages and perform root cause analysis to implement corrective actions
- Provide expert engineering support in Mandatory Reliability Standards and other areas
- Maintaining the Project Management process for the organization
- Manage contractors, consultants and staff
Columbia Power is looking for an individual with a Professional Engineering designation in the Mechanical, Electrical or Civil discipline, combined with 7-10 years of experience. At least 3 years’ experience in managing equipment reliability in the hydroelectric field would be preferred. This role requires someone that has expert knowledge of facility equipment and brings expertise in reliability management tools. This individual must be able to communicate effectively in a senior level role, work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment and demonstrate initiative, solid judgement and creative problem solving.
If you have what it takes to fill this challenging and exciting position please submit a cover letter and resume on our website at http://columbiapower.org/careers-opportunities// by Friday, September 21.
Who we are:
Columbia Power Corporation (Columbia Power) is a Crown corporation wholly owned and controlled by the Province of British Columbia, existing under the Business Corporations Act and reporting to the Minister of Energy and Mines.
The company is located in Castlegar, in the heart of the Columbia River system, in the mountains and valleys that characterize the Columbia Basin — where hydroelectric generation has existed since the late 1800s. The company owns and operates hydro power projects in the Basin.
Visit ourtrust.org/careers to apply.
Location: Castlegar, BC
Region: East Kootenay / Rocky Mountain
Professional Categories: Engineering,Project Management
Posted: September 7, 2018, 3:46 pm
Expires: September 21, 2018, 4:30 pm