The West Vancouver Ferry Building Gallery is seeking a passionate, creative and detail-oriented person to assist with gallery programs, exhibitions, social media and other activities.
Reporting to the Community Arts Supervisor, this position will assist with:
- communicating with gallery volunteers and supporting with the scheduling of their shifts;
- supporting gallery functions such as; opening and closing the gallery, sales, answering telephones, emails and finding information for the public and artists;
- installing and taking-down art;
- preparing information for each exhibition and designing materials as needed including: wall cards, artist bios, didactic panels, pricelists, and gallery notes;
- preparing cash reconciliation and end of day reports;
- updating website as necessary;
- designing gallery promotional materials using Publisher, Word and the Adobe Creative Suite;
- scheduling and delivering a social media plan related to gallery programming using Hootsuite and including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram;
- preparing content, artist interviews and other material for newsletters;
- assisting with additional programming and events including the Harmony Arts Festival; and,
- other related duties as required.
The preferred candidate will have: a passion for the visual arts with some fine arts/art history work experience and education; enjoy an art gallery environment; be comfortable working independently as well as with a team; and would love to work at the Ferry Building Gallery, located at Ambleside Landing, West Vancouver.
The successful candidate will be; an energetic self-starter, responsible, organized, punctual; professional; a good writer; proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher and Power Point), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop mainly), social media platforms and website tools; responsible and creative.
The successful candidate must possess a valid class 5 Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia and have access to a vehicle; and will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check at their own expense.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
Hours of Work:
Approximately 12 hours per week on Saturday and Sunday and some weekdays and evenings based on programming (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$20 per hour plus 4% in lieu of benefits
11:59 p.m. Friday, September 21, 2018
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply via the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.