Yard Person I / First Aid AttendantFull-Time/Temporary – This position to last not later than February 1, 2019
Location: Lake City Operations Centre
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
Our Liquid Waste Services Department is seeking a Yard Person I / First Aid Attendant who will play a vital role in the day-to-day smooth operation of the works yard / facility, conducting building and yard maintenance.
You are: A team player with good communication skills, strong work values and have a level II first aid certificate. Having or willing to obtain a forklift operator certificate is an asset.
In this role, you will: (The duties described hereunder are intended to be representative of the position and are not to be considered all inclusive.)
- Assist Yard Person II and perform a variety of jobs such as: housekeeping of the Operations Centre outside common areas, painting, yard maintenance and clean-up, operate forklift and mobile yard crane to move pipe, lumber, load and unload truck, repair sidewalks, fences, and other maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Assists in welding and blacksmith shops.
- Occasionally assists at Stores and at garage.
- May act as the designated first aid attendant and respond to first aid emergencies, provide first aid services, maintain first aid records, supplies and first aid room.
To be successful, you have:
- Grade 12 (or equivalent), valid Class 5 B.C. Driver's License, ability to operate power and pneumatic tools, forklift and mobile yard crane.
- Ability to update, check and maintain a variety of records, files and logs and perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Physically fit and possess mechanical ability.
- Current Occupational First Aid Level II certificate.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by September 20, 2018.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Public Works & Operations
Posted: September 6, 2018, 11:30 am
Expires: September 20, 2018, 4:30 pm