Operations WorkerWe are hiring! Opportunity to come and join our Oval Operations Team...
Position Type: Regular Full-Time (40 hours Per Week)
Direct Supervisor: Operations Manager
Anticipated Start Date: October 1, 2018
Term of appointment: Ongoing
Application Closing Date: September 11, 2018
Number of positions available: 1
Your core responsibilities include,
- Responsible as assigned for maintaining and operating the facility in an efficient manner.
- Responds to service calls and liaises with internal, external and partner stakeholders as required and/or assigned.
- Checks/supports needs of refrigeration and mechanical operations.
- Performs ice, machine and facility maintenance, conversions, custodial, multi-department support, and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible to ensure that all work performed is done in a safe and responsible manner.
- Works under minimal supervision for routine matters and under guidance for new or complex assignments.
A day in the life of the Oval Operations Worker includes,
- Operates ice making equipment in a safe manner.
- Deals tactfully and courteously in all situations.
- Keeps accurate records, including, but not limited to: daily log of activities, equipment usage reports and material usage reports.
- Performs janitorial duties and routine building maintenance.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with community groups, program partners and others to assess needs of the community and appropriate responses to the needs.
- Works / collaborates with staff to review and evaluate the effectiveness of maintenance routines.
- Assists in developing long-range plans and policy recommendations for the maintenance of the building.
- Prepares various logs, reports and correspondence.
- Ensures that Health and Safety policies (as well as general operating & safety policies) are followed at all times.
- Uses computer applications as required.
- Respond to building issues in order to maintain a safe environment for staff and users.
- Prioritising the work that has been assigned for the day and taking into account the issues that can arise during the shift.
- Regular checks to ensure that the facility is compliant with BC Safety Authority.
- Monitors ice plant.
- Event conversions.
- Other duties as required.
The qualifications and skills you bring to this role include,
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Valid Power Engineers Certificate [4th Class; 5th Class (refrigeration endorsement); or 6th Class (ice facility operator)]
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
- Valid Standard First Aid and AED Certification is an asset.
- Trade Ticket(s) are an asset.
- BSW Ticket an asset.
- WHIMIS training is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of ice making and building maintenance equipment.
- Computer Skills.
- Knowledge in operating and maintaining DDC systems for HVAC and Refrigeration.
- Sound understanding of proper use of materials and equipment related to custodial duties.
- Excellent oral & written communications skills.
- Accurate keeper of records and information.
- Excellent customer relation skills.
- Some experience working with high performance athletes and local sporting organizations.
- Must be able to complete a successful Criminal Record Check.
Compensation: Hourly rate is dependent on qualification held. Ranges from $27.15- $33.80 p/h
Perks: Our workplace culture embraces People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation. We offer meaningful benefits that make a difference for you and your family:
- Full Oval Membership with access to 20,000 sq ft fitness centre with top class facilities, over 100 pieces of strength and cardio equipment, 4-storey climbing wall, YYoga studio, endless fitness classes, Olympic sized ice rinks and the Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX) museum
- Extended Health and Dental plan (Single and Family coverage)
- Health spending account (Annual)
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Collaborative team environment
- Learning and development opportunities
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
Please visit careers.richmondoval.ca to apply!
Location: Richmond, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Public Works & Operations,Facilities Maintenance
Posted: September 5, 2018, 3:12 pm
Expires: September 21, 2018, 11:59 pm