Village of Chase
Utility Operator - Public Works
Reporting to the Manager of Public Works, a full-time permanent employment opportunity exists in Public Works at the Village of Chase for a Utility Operator.
The Utility Operator is primarily responsible for skilled works in the operation, repair, maintenance and installation of the Village’s water distribution system, water treatment facilities, raw water pump station, water storage reservoirs, and ground water wells; and sewerage collection system, sewerage treatment facilities, lift stations, aeration ponds and rapid infiltration basins; and storm sewerage collection system. Other general public works duties will be required of the Utility Operator depending on operational needs.
Specific tasks and responsibilities of the Utility Operator include:
- Directing, assisting or performing all facets of work associated with that Village’s utility infrastructure including coordinating, assembling and supervising co-workers in installations, repairs, and maintenance
- Planning, scheduling and executing major maintenance projects for the utilities infrastructure in consultation with the Manager of Public Works
- Assisting the Manager of Public Works in the preparation of budgets for the utilities infrastructure
- Maintaining maintenance manuals and schedules, preparing necessary reports, maintaining inventory of replacements parts, chemicals, laboratory supplies
- Coordinating, assembling and supervising co-worker in the installation, maintenance or repair of the water and wastewater infrastructure, assisting in monitoring, maintenance, management and upgrading of computerized systems including SCADA, coordinating ongoing training for co-workers
- Other duties related to the proper operation of the Village of Chase utilities systems
- Other general public works duties as operationally required
Being a position within the Bargaining Unit, and in compliance with Collective Agreement between the Village of Chase and the Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 900, this notice is being provided to all Village of Chase Bargaining Unit staff as well as being posted externally.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Valid Class 3 drivers’ license with air brake endorsement
- Valid EOCP Water Distribution II & Treatment Operator Level I
- Valid EOCP Wastewater Collection Operator Level I & Wastewater Treatment Operator Level I
- Valid WorkSafe BC First Aid Level I
- Evacuation supervision and confined space entrance experience
- Five years’ experience in Municipal Public Works operations
The wage for this position is $31.50 supplemented with a comprehensive benefits package. The Village of Chase supports continuing education.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to Sean O’Flaherty, Corporate Officer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail to PO Box 440, Chase, BC, V0E1M0, by fax to 250.679.3070, or in person to 826 Shuswap Avenue, Chase, BC, by 4:00 p.m., Friday, September 21, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Dated this 4th day of September, 2018
Location: Chase, BC
Region: Thompson / Shuswap / Columbia
Professional Categories: Public Works & Operations,Equipment Operator/Maintenance
Posted: September 4, 2018, 3:56 pm
Expires: September 21, 2018, 4:00 pm