Facilities Customer Service Supervisor
(Permanent - Full-Time)
The District of West Vancouver Corporate Services Division has an immediate opening for a permanent, full-time Facilities Customer Service Supervisor to coordinate communications and workflow between the Facilities and Assets Department and the rest of the organization. Reporting to the Manager of Facilities & Assets, the role will include the following responsibilities:
- Developing, implementing and reviewing communication strategies to ensure efficient and effective procedures for departments to request facilities support;
- Assisting with scheduling, supervising, and assigning work to facilities staff and/or contractors;
- Developing quality control procedures and manuals for facilities maintenance;
- Assisting with the development of long term preventative maintenance and management programs for facility assets;
- Coordinating key distribution, access control and security systems for District facilities;
- Planning energy conservation and sustainability projects and producing the required reporting to the appropriate governing bodies;
- Liaising with other departments to ensure that facilities services are provided in a timely and effective manner; and,
- Other assigned duties and projects as required.
The successful candidate will possess: a post-secondary diploma or degree in Building Technology or a related field, plus relevant experience and knowledge of building maintenance trades and best practices, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. The successful candidate will also possess the ability to: organize detailed work accurately and efficiently; interact tactfully and effectively with internal & external contacts; maintain effective working relationships; communicate in a clear and concise manner; and perform diversified tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
Exempt – Permanent, Full-Time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
11:59 p.m. Sunday September 23, 2018
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Centre; we are no longer accepting resumes via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.