BC Public Service
Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Municipal Utility Operator/ GardenerSalary $42,655.22 - $48,230.51 annually
The University Endowment Lands (UEL) is a program in the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, Local Government Division. UEL provides municipal-like services to a small community located between the University of British Columbia and the City of Vancouver. Services include the provision of public works (water, sanitary, storm, solid waste, sidewalk and road infrastructure), development services (planning and building construction regulation) and administration (permits, licences and bylaw enforcement).
Under the supervision of the Public Works Foreman, the position has responsibility and accountability for the UEL municipal water distribution system, streetlight system and the storm and sanitary sewers. In addition the position is responsible for public works support, including both grounds and municipal general maintenance. The position must be certified under the Drinking Water Protection Act and Regulations in order to ensure standards for safety and diligence are met with respect to the water distribution system in the UEL.
The position works fairly independently, exercising initiative and judgement to ensure work meets required standards for quality and is completed on schedule.
The incumbent will be required to provide direction and oversight to junior Public Works Maintenance workers. If you have the technical and practical knowledge of a variety of municipal operations tasks, we encourage you to apply.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Valid Level One Water Distribution Operator Certificate issued by the Environmental Operators Certification Program.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Water Operator or equivalent.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of single rear axle gravel trucks and tractors equipped with backhoe attachments.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in municipal maintenance.
- Prefer completion of recognized training program in the operation of single and tandem trucks and rubber-tired loader or backhoe in addition to experience.
- Preferred valid BC Class 3 driver’s licence with air brake certification-operating endorsement.
For more information and to apply online by September 19, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/53905