School District No. 75 (Mission)
Exempt Staff Position
Human Resources Coordinator
Mission Public Schools (School District #75 (Mission) is located in the heart of the Fraser Valley and proudly serves 6,100 students and 1,200 staff. We are a passionate and vibrant organization, looking for a full-time Human Resources Coordinator to join our HR team. The HR team is responsible for all aspects of human resources and labour relations. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate, hard work, ethical decision-making skills, commitment to personal integrity, the ability to work in a team environment and the ability to work independently.
- Representing Board at grievance meetings including research on and preparation of grievance responses
- Attends and participates in arbitrations and other dispute resolution meetings
- Collective agreement interpretation
- Assists in conducting investigations
- Manage, organize and assist with the recruitment process, testing potential candidates and the on-boarding of new hires
- Maintain software database for employees in the HRIS database
- Preparation of a variety of correspondence, reports, negotiation proposals and confidential materials
- Participation in contract negotiations when necessary
- Any other duties as required
Required Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an HR generalist position supplemented by a university degree or diploma in Human Resources Management. Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and to provide sound judgment
- High degree of adaptability and flexibility to change
- Proficiency in MS Office
- CHRP designation is preferred.
An equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience will be considered. Preference will be given to candidates who have specific experience in the areas outlined above.
Mission Public Schools offers an attractive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. Interested candidates are invited to submit their application, complete with resume, cover letter and three professional references, with permission to contact each in confidence. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on Friday, September 21, 2018. Please email or fax your application to:
Susan Bobetsis, Director of Human Resources
Mission Public Schools
33046 – 4th Avenue Mission, BC V2V 1S5
Tel: 604-814-3708 / Fax: 604-826-1761
We greatly appreciate your interest in applying to work at Mission Public Schools. However, only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted/acknowledged.
Location: Mission, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Human Resources
Posted: August 31, 2018, 12:14 pm
Expires: September 21, 2018, 4:00 pm