City of Port Alberni
Maintenance Coordinator (Aquatics)
The City of Port Alberni is a community of 17,500 people. Located centrally on Vancouver Island, Port Alberni is a well-serviced municipality that offers residents affordable west coast living, as well as proximity to oceanfront, lakes, rivers and mountains.
The City is currently looking for a Maintenance Coordinator – Aquatics to join a progressive and dynamic organization as part of the Parks, Recreation and Heritage team. Reporting to the Facility Operations Supervisor, this supervisory and technical position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the indoor Aquatic Centre and dryland recreation facility complex, as well as several other municipal facilities. Specific duties include:
- Directing and supervising the facility maintenance operations of the aquatic centre and recreation centre, as well as several other facilities. This includes the chlorination, filtration and HVAC systems and janitorial equipment.
- Training and supervising staff, including the scheduling of work.
- Developing and implementing standards of building maintenance for janitorial work and preventative maintenance.
- Ensuring that building and equipment repairs and maintenance duties are completed.
- Assisting in preparing specifications for the purchase of capital items and contract work; overseeing contract work as required.
- Assisting in the planning of and providing direct oversight of the annual aquatic centre shutdown.
- Ensuring that the required health and safety procedures are adhered to as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Completion of Grade 12, combined with 2 years’ experience in aquatic operations
- Previous experience in janitorial and building maintenance work
- Previous supervisory experience
- BCWWA Chlorine Handling Certification (candidates who do not currently hold this certification will be required to obtain it within 6 months)
- Completion of Pool Operator I and II Courses (BCRPA or RFABC)
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license
This position is part of the CUPE Local 118 bargaining unit. The successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment fitness test and a police information check. For additional information, including a full job description, please go to www.portalberni.ca/employment-opportunities.
Qualified individuals may apply by forwarding a resume and cover letter by 4:30pm on September 24, 2018:
Attention: Krista Tremblay, Manager of Human Resources
By mail: City of Port Alberni, 4850 Argyle Street, Port Alberni, BC V9Y 1V8
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Location: Port Alberni, BC
Region: North and Central Vancouver Island / Sunshine Coast
Professional Categories: Janitorial/Custodial Services,Facilities Maintenance
Posted: August 31, 2018, 9:52 am
Expires: September 24, 2018, 4:30 pm