Team Manager, Claims Service Centre
Are you an enthusiastic team leader committed to the delivery of exceptional customer service? Do you work well in fast-paced and often changing conditions? Can you build relationships with a variety of individuals in a sometimes sensitive and challenging service environment? If this sounds like you,
consider joining WorkSafeBC as a team manager in our Entitlement and Support Services department.
In this role, you’ll lead a team of bright, talented, and dedicated employees responsible for the provision of Teleclaim services for injured workers to report their workplace injuries, the initial adjudication for non-complex insurance claims, setting the wage rate for earnings decisions, processing disclosures, and handling claims document and information management services.
What you’ll do
As a team manager, you’ll manage the operational activities and client service commitments of the Entitlement and Support Services department by overseeing staff performance and ensuring quality control. You will:
- Organize a high volume of work and a broad variety of workload issues to ensure objectives and timelines are met or exceeded
- Plan, prioritize, schedule, and allocate staff and tasks to meet service delivery objectives while handling the challenges of a changing environment
- Effectively articulate ideas and directions to staff to promote trust, commitment, and motivation
- Clearly and concisely explain, present, and summarize information verbally at a level appropriate to your intended audience
- Gather and analyze information, anticipate and recognize problems and opportunities, create and evaluate alternatives, and engage in continuous assessment and improvement to develop solutions
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Build and maintain trusting and respectful relationships with employees, clients, and colleagues
- Maintain confidence and exhibit empathy with staff, clients, and co-workers in sometimes sensitive and difficult circumstances
- Build and gain consensus when appropriate
- Exercise financial prudence, confidentiality, and discretion
Your background and experience:
- A diploma or an undergraduate degree
- A minimum of five years of experience working in a customer service or call centre environment
- A minimum of three years of experience supervising individuals in a call centre
- Working knowledge of business management principles and practices
- General knowledge of current computer applications
- General knowledge of a unionized environment and the administration of a collective agreement
- Familiarity with the Workers’ Compensation Act is considered an asset
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 231,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
If you’re the successful applicant, we’ll be making a conditional offer contingent upon your clearing a criminal record check under the Criminal Records Review Act. At the time of offer, you’ll need to provide consent for a criminal record check. Once we receive clearance, we’ll confirm your offer of employment.
Visit our career page at https://www.worksafebc.com and select Current Opportunities to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Application deadline: September 20, 2018
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.