BC Public Service
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Manager, Legislation and Regulatory ReformIt's your time to Achieve, Excel and Succeed in this career building role
Salary $73,400.00 - $101,900.00 annually
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations & Rural Development is a large and multi-dimensional organization with a high-profile provincial presence and powerful competing interest groups. No longer just focused on sustainable “forestry”, the Ministry is responsible for stewardship of provincial Crown land and natural resources; protection of BC’s archaeological and heritage resources; land-based industry competitiveness; and access to a wide range of activities such as hunting, fishing and recreation.
This integral and influential position leads the development and maintenance of the substantive and complex legal framework that governs stewardship of provincial Crown land, cultural and natural resources. The Manager, Legislation and Regulatory Reform, leads a highly skilled team in:
- the development of strategic, multi-year legislative agendas to advance Government and Ministry priorities and meet operational needs,
- formalizing policy into legislation and regulation, including development of legislation, regulation and associated products and supporting review by executive decision makers,
- providing expert advice to colleagues and executive decision makers to support the development of policy and legislation; and
- supporting Government’s red tape reform priorities by identifying and advancing initiatives that reduce regulatory burden for industry, the general public and others.
You are the right person for this position if you have a seasoned background in legislation development within a provincial or federal public sector environment. You are intuitive and skilled in your ability to comprehend and synthesize the overarching strategic objectives of the Government and Ministry and then, working with a collaborative and consultative approach with clients and stakeholders, apply an accurate and meaningful lens to legislation development processes.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Minimum Undergraduate Degree in a related field such as law, public administration, business administration or public policy; OR,
- Minimum Undergraduate Degree in a natural resource discipline (e.g., environmental sciences, natural resource management, resource economics, forestry) combined with practical experience in the development, review, analysis and application of legislation; OR,
- Other acceptable/equivalent combination of post-secondary education, training and experience may be considered.
For more information and to apply by September 19, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/53509
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Strategic Initiatives/Planning,Executive / Administrative Management
Posted: August 27, 2018, 9:26 am
Expires: September 19, 2018, 4:30 pm