Maintenance & Operations LeadhandParks & Environmental Services, Panorama Recreation
Status: Regular Full time
Hours of Work: 80 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay: $29.19 - $30.97 per hour (2016 rates)
Review of applications begins: This position will remain open until the successful candidate is found
Notes: Current schedule Sunday - Wednesday, 10 p.m. –8 a.m. Shift as required to meet operational needs
Reporting to the Manager of Facilities and Operations, the Maintenance and Operations Leadhand plays a key role in the operation and maintenance of ice arenas, swimming pool, indoor and outdoor racquet facilities, weight room, fitness studio and related facilities and grounds. Responsibilities include assisting in training and overseeing shift maintenance staff, participating in general building maintenance routines, performing minor repairs to buildings and equipment, and preparing and maintaining the ice surface. The Leadhand may be required to work all shift schedules to meet organizational needs.
This position requires an acceptable crim inal record check. The applicant/incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal reco rd check in order to work in this position and to report to their superv isor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be r elated to their employment in this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees shift maintenance staff through assigning, checking and maintaining work flows, preparing shift routines, insuring maintenance logs are completed and that equipment is properly operated and maintenance checks are performed at regular intervals.
- Assists with training new staff in maintenance and custodial routines and ensures that a high quality of cleanliness is maintained.
- Performs and coordinates the maintenance of pool operating equipment such as troubleshooting and adjusting controllers, testing and replacing chlorine cells, repairing and maintaining pool vacuums and ensuring adequate supplies of chemicals are available.
- Ensures that maintenance staff operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operates ice making, ice resurfacing equipment and carries out minor servicing and maintenance of that equipment.
- Has a thorough knowledge of WHMIS, and occupational hazards and proper safety precautions for the protection of staff members and the public.
- Carries out general custodial tasks throughout the building.
- Ensures Manager of Facilities and Operations is informed of physical and mechanical requirements of the Complex.
- Assists with the preparation of the maintenance budget.
- Provides input and feedback for annual performance reviews for maintenance staff.
- Ensures that a sufficient stock of custodial and operating supplies is on hand.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High school and 5 years’ experience including at least 2 years as a Facility Maintenance Worker 2/3 or equivalent.
- Refrigeration Operator Certificate or 4th Class Power Engineer – Refrigeration
- Pool Operators Certificates – Level 1 and Level 2
- Building Service Worker 1 & 2 Certificates or equivalent
- WHMIS Certificate
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Knowledge of building maintenance, building cleaning, and building trades
- Knowledge and understanding of WorkSafeBC practices/protocols, Workers’ Compensation Act and OH&S Regulations and other relevant safety statutes.
- Knowledge of materials, tools and equipment used in janitorial and building maintenance work, including WHMIS.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, as well as work well under pressure to meet task and project deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships
- Ability to work well and cooperatively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of and ability to use various computer word processing, spreadsheet, registration and rental, and energy management software.
- Sufficient physical strength and stamina to perform the required duties
- Ability to work a variety of shifts as required
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”. The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Facilities Maintenance
Posted: August 21, 2018, 10:06 am
Expires: September 21, 2018, 4:30 pm