Ministry of Finance
Financial Institutions Commission (FICOM)
Senior Analyst, Policy
$73,400.00 - $101,900.00 annually
2 positions available
An excellent opportunity to apply your analytical expertise
FICOM’s external policy promotes prudential supervisory practices to assess enterprise-wide risk management, including capital, liquidity and funding adequacy, operational risk, and governance frameworks. The Policy team is responsible for developing changes to policies, regulatory guidance and procedures setting out supervisory expectations and statutory interpretations issued by FICOM to regulated financial institutions.
The Senior Policy Analyst provides expertise and leadership to interpret and apply standards from national (e.g. Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions) and international (e.g. Financial Stability Board) financial regulators to develop and update its policies. The Senior analyst plays an important role to interpret, apply, develop and recommend changes to relevant provincial legislation and regulation.
If you are a policy analyst professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we look forward to your application.
Qualifications for this role include:
- University degree in field related to business, economics, political science, public administration, law or other field directly related to the position accountabilities.
- Three (3) years of direct experience formulating, interpreting and/or applying legislation or regulatory requirements in a government, private sector or regulatory agency environment.
- Three (3) years of experience drafting policy material, including briefing notes, background documents and/or issue papers.
- Preference may be given to individuals who have:
- Graduate degree and/or professional designation.
- Experience leading or playing a critical role in engaging external stakeholders in issues assessment and/or policy development activities.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
For more information and to apply online by September 5, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/53237