Requisition ID: 11357
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world by 2020 and we are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
Working under the City Surveyor and Assistant City Surveyors, the Surveyor will perform field and office work, and supervise survey crews.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform land survey work to subdivide city-owned land, establish streets and statutory right of ways, boundary re-tracement of City lands, topographic and related survey work on City initiated projects and facilities.
- Operation of GNSS equipment, robotic total stations, laser scanners, digital levels and related processing, adjustments, and CAD/GIS systems.
- Make survey-related mathematical computations, write legal descriptions, search survey and Land Title Office records, and produce survey plans for registration in the Land Title Office and for in-house use.
- Able to lead groups of staff and committees.
- Other duties/responsibilities and special assignments as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- The successful candidate will hold a commission as a BC Land Surveyor.
- A post-secondary degree in Geomatics would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in Land Survey work in public or private practice.
- Ability to interpret and explain land title documents and legal agreements.
- Survey experience in an urban environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multitasked and project-based environment.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplined organization subject to a collective agreement.
- A current and valid BC driver’s license and a safe driving record are required
- The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: October, 2018
Application Close: September 19, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.