Recreation ProgrammerThe City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Job ID: 18-79
Job Class: Regular Full-time
Employment Group: CUPE 825 (Inside)
# of Vacancies:1
Posting Period: August 9 - 19, 2019
The City of Port Moody is seeking an enthusiastic individual with a strong background in recreation programming and an excellent working knowledge of industry trends for the position of Recreation Programmer.
This is a recreation programming and supervisory position, reporting to the Manager of Recreation Services, and concerned with the development, implementation, and administration of a comprehensive community recreation program. Under general direction, the Recreation Programmer is responsible for designing, implementing, coordinating, evaluating and administering one or more segments of an approved recreation program. This position provides leadership and direction to program staff, instructors and volunteers in recreation. The successful candidate will need to exercise initiative, judgement and independence within departmental policies and guidelines.
This position will need to have availability for evening and weekend work as required. Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check and also a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Completion of a 2 year Diploma in Recreation, Recreation Facilities Management, Business Management or a related field
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience, including recreation programming and supervisory experience
- Experience planning and developing recreation programs
- Knowledge of facility coordination and safety
- Experience managing a budget
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CLASS or Perfect Mind registration systems
- Strong team-building, supervisory and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license
Branch/Location: Office Recreation
City: Port Moody
State/Province: British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly: $34.81- $37.45 per hour
Compensation & Benefits Overview: The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.