Manager of Emergency ServicesCommunity Services
Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, and pristine lakes. Outdoor recreational opportunities are endless throughout the Regional District and residents enjoy a wide array of activities all year long.
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen is currently recruiting for a full-time Manager of Emergency Services to join our team.
The Emergency Services Manager will be responsible for leading, planning and evaluating the operation of public safety services in accordance with applicable plans, bylaws, regulations and policies. The areas of service responsibilities include the Regional Emergency Management Program, the 9-1-1 emergency response system and the emergency telecommunication services. The Emergency Services Manager supervises employees and monitors the performance of independent contractors. This position is the key contact for the Electoral Areas and member municipalities in matters of emergency preparedness, response and recovery and will be available as necessary to perform designated functions during emergencies.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field, supplemented by courses in emergency preparedness including risk assessment and emergency management.
- Minimum 3 years directly related experience. Experience must include serving as an emergency management professional, preferably with some time in a local government setting.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the BC Emergency Management System and the Incident Command System and the roles and responsibilities of the local authority under the Emergency Program Act.
- Experience and knowledge of local government legislation and applicable legal principles as well as Statutes and Regulations related to the role, including the BC Emergency Program Act.
- Experience and knowledge of emergency telecommunications and dispatching operations.
This is an excluded position within the organization offering a competitive salary and benefits package. For more information on the RDOS, visit http://www.rdos.bc.ca.
If you are a qualified candidate and looking for an exciting opportunity, please submit your application quoting Competition No. 18-30E by 4:30 pm, Monday, September 3, 2018 to:
Human Resources Department
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
101 Martin Street, Penticton, BC V2A 5J9
Tel: (250) 492-0237 Fax: (250) 492-0063
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Location: Penticton, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Emergency Preparedness/Planning,Public Safety
Posted: August 10, 2018, 11:23 am
Expires: September 3, 2018, 4:30 pm