Coordinator – Corporate Planning & Sustainability
Temporary Full Time (6 months)
Job Id: 18-098
Salary: $32.79 - $38.62 per hour
Closing: August 26, 2018
Come grow with us! Maple Ridge located in Metro Vancouver is a vibrant and rapidly growing City with outstanding recreation, arts and cultural amenities and some of the most affordable housing in the region. This combined with a dynamic community makes Maple Ridge a great place to work, play and live. Come join us and be part of the change.
Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication, interpersonal skills and exceptional customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you.
We are an exciting opportunity for approximately six (6) months for a Coordinator – Corporate Planning & Sustainability.
A little bit about you:
You have a natural knack for researching, conducting studies, analyzing and preparing reports and recommendations. Your amazing communication skills make it a breeze for you when presenting to large or small groups. You have the ability to manage competing priorities, which can change on a dime, to meet tight deadlines.
Strong preference will be given for those with:
- Experience in a local government business environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Group facilitation experience
- Successful grant and award application writing experience
- Plan, research, develop, and coordinate energy/water conservation projects and programs;
- Calculate and communicate energy and water consumption data and trends, and work with facility operations staff to investigate and determine reduction/conservation solutions;
- Prepare grant applications and reports;
- Monitor energy consumption; produce and present energy reports;
- Determine greenhouse gas (GHG) impact of projects and initiatives;
- Evaluate new technologies and renewable energy projects;
- Liaise with colleagues from other jurisdictions to share best practices;
- Play a central role in inspiring and supporting the staff Green Team;
- Support departments in updating and developing corporate performance scorecards;
- Collaborate with departments on the development of grant and awards applications;
- Collect, calculate and submit annual Climate Action Revenue Incentive Program data;
- Monitor and manage Sustainability and Corporate Planning webpage content.
All required licenses, certificates and registrations associated with this competition must also be valid and current at the time the postings close and must be attached with your application. Please have these documents ready to upload when you apply.
What we offer you:
The City offers a competitive compensation package that includes a strong wellness program and the opportunity for career and professional development.
If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Location: Maple Ridge, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Communications,Policy & Research,Environmental Services,Sustainability
Posted: August 8, 2018, 3:06 pm
Expires: August 26, 2018, 4:30 pm