City of Surrey
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
The City of Surrey’s Community Recreation Services Department is currently recruiting for auxiliary recreation Program Instructors to enthusiastically organize and lead a series of Guitar classes. This opportunity requires an upbeat, responsible individual with a background in guitar.
- Introduce students to performing with the guitar, including basic technique, notation, chord symbols and ensemble skills.
- Motivate and inspire students.
- Plan and deliver enjoyable, structured activities.
- Be energetic and caring with a fun outlook on guitar.
- Perform housekeeping task and put away equipment.
- Communicate with parents.
- Current Emergency First Aid and CPR C with AED certification.
- Experience in guitar and are able to instruct basic guitar skills such as basic notes and how to read music sheets.
- Experience working with Children aged 6-12.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and customer service skills.
- Creative and energetic teaching style where the children are engaged and actively.
- High-Five Certification (asset).
- 2 years’ experience as an Instructor (asset).
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at SurreyCareers.ca to Job ID 2379. Posting will remain online until August 31, 2018.