Public WorksFind out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam is looking for a positive, dynamic, innovative, results-oriented field manager with exceptional people skills to join our management team in Public Works. Reporting to the Parks Section Manager, the Parks Superintendent will supervise, plan and direct staff responsible for the development and year-round maintenance of parks and open spaces including playing fields, treed areas, trails, gardens and boulevards. This includes coordinating day-to-day operational requirements and developing work plans and cost-effective initiatives and programs while monitoring budgets, preparing records and reports, and ensuring all work is completed in an accurate, safe and efficient manner.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You are passionate about parks and serving the Community
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills and are skilled at building relationships at all levels of the organization
- You value innovation, creativity and inclusiveness
- You are a collaborative team builder and team player who values and rewards contribution
- You have strong analytical skills and a track record of implementing best practices and workplace improvements in your area of expertise
- You have extensive experience in Parks management in a unionized environment and have demonstrated success in relevant, progressive supervisory roles with a minimum of five years’ experience at a senior supervisory level
- You have completed an undergraduate post-secondary education in a Parks related discipline. An equivalent combination of experience and education will also be considered.
As a Parks Superintendent, you will:
- Be responsible for planning, organizing and supervising operational activities in city parks
- Ensure the budgeted programs are effectively implemented and achieved
- Prepare operational and related capital budgets
- Prepare contract specifications and ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance with City policies and procedures
- Coordinate projects and programs
- Participate in long-range park planning
- Develop, recommend and implement procedures and practices
- Resolve complaints from the public and others
- Hire, promote and discipline employees within a unionized environment
- Review and manage employee performance
- Participate on City committees as required.
Why should you consider working for us?
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We believe in professional development as demonstrated by a generous education reimbursement plan
- We offer a total compensation package including pension, benefits and a salary that can grow to over $108K annually.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their resumes, along with a one page letter demonstrating how their qualifications and/or experience match the position online by September 3rd, 2018 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number 18-090e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.