City of Surrey
Community Services Assistant 2 – Education Senior Leader
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
The Museum of Surrey is a cultural facility with a mission to ignite young imaginations and connect Surrey’s diverse population and communities through participation, engagement and stories. We are looking for a Senior Leader to assist in providing a variety of school programs related to current BC curriculum standards. We’re looking for someone who enjoys interacting with children and has a passion for sharing history. Strong group management, interpersonal and communication skills are required when working with various school groups. A familiarity with the principles and practices of museum interpretation, program delivery and community development in an educational context, would be an asset.
Union - CUPE Local 402 - Auxiliary
- Assist in the preparation, and delivery of curriculum-based school programs.
- Aid in promotion and evaluation of school programs.
- Assist in research of curriculum-based topics as well as topics for summer camps.
- Program setup and takedown such as the sorting, organizing, preparation and cleanup of program equipment and supplies.
- Preparation of craft or activity templates and samples.
- Assist to train volunteers in program delivery.
- Attend outreach, such as offsite programming, education conferences, and Heritage fairs.
- Grade 12 supplemented by 1 year of relevant experience in community service work or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR C Certificate.
- Experience working with children.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Valid BC driver’s license with a safe driving history and access to a vehicle.
- Heritage and/or cultural programming experience is an asset.
Conditions of Employment
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2371. Posting will remain posted until August 26, 2018.Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca