Computer Programmer/AnalystFull-Time Regular
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
Our Corporate Services Department is seeking a Computer Programmer / Analyst who will provide application support for purchased applications and custom built .Net applications, as well as, work on application development projects.
A self-motivated, customer focused, independent individual who has excellent communications skills, enjoys working with others, is skilled in troubleshooting technology, and has a passion for solving challenges for end users.
In this role, you will:
- Work with user department staff in analyzing existing and proposed data processing procedures and requirements; devise and develop computer solutions for problems of varying complexity such as configuring packaged applications to resolve issues or solve user department challenges.
- Prepare detailed specifications for and write new programs and revise existing programs utilizing all available and applicable software aids and languages.
- Provide technical assistance for and coordinates the development and integration of programs; prepare test data and conduct program testing and debug programs; identify the need for additional testing.
- Prepare and maintain detailed user and operations documentation.
- Evaluate the need for and develop general purpose routines, utilities and command procedures.
- Keep up to date with developments in programming techniques and languages, operating systems, data base management software and related matters.
- May provide technical direction to programmers in junior classifications.
- Estimate time and cost of system development activities and report progress against those estimates.
- Perform related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of a two year diploma course in computer programming or systems development at a technical institute or community college plus sound experience in programming; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, techniques and equipment used in data processing operations related to applications such as with Infor EAM, Auto Scale, OSIsoft PI Historian, LIMS, Genie Library and SQL performance profiling.
- Considerable knowledge of the operating system used in the District's computer system.
- Considerable knowledge of problem definition and solution techniques applicable to data processing systems and procedures, as applied to the work performed including troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to collect, analyze and evaluate information required for programming purposes, to develop logical solutions for assigned problems and to perform the resultant coding.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with divisional and user department staff.
- Ability to operate data processing equipment.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by August 24, 2018.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Information Technology
Posted: August 3, 2018, 11:04 am
Expires: August 24, 2018, 4:30 pm