The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Job ID: 2018320
$35.77 to $42.23 per hour
The Plan Reviewer works in the Building Approvals Department, to independently perform work of mid-level complexity in reviewing building plans to ensure compliance with building codes, City of Richmond bylaws, related regulations and directives as communicated by Manager of Plan Review. The Plan Reviewer receives day-to-day support and guidance from, as well as reports operational needs to Coordinator of Permits and Plan Review. The Plan Reviewer provides regular performance reports to the Manager of Plan Review.
Examples of key work activities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing plans and related documents for commercial, industrial and residential developments to ensure compliance with building codes, bylaws and related regulations and technical standards.
- Maintain accurate records on permits, plan reviews and correspondence.
- Meet with developers, architects, engineers, owners, etc., for preliminary discussions.
- Clarify code interpretations pertaining to building permit applications.
- Prepare review comments outlining modifications and other actions necessary to achieve compliance.
- Respond to inquiries about code/bylaw interpretations, requirements and technical aspects.
- Oversee and coordinate work with other departments.
Required Education & Experience:
Graduation from a two (2) year Diploma program in Building Technology from an Institute of Technology is required or a related Bachelor's Degree. Minimum of 2 years’ related experience in the building construction industry or Municipal field, preferably as a Plan Reviewer. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
BOABC Level II considered an asset.
Required Licences, Certificates & Registrations:
- Certification or eligibility for qualification as a Building Official Level II by the Building Officials Association of British Columbia.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
For further information regarding position details and to apply, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment. We are accepting applications until September 3 at 11:59pm.
The City of Richmond offers a competitive pay and benefits program, attractive incentives and a compressed work day schedule.
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries please.