Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
Our Engineering and Public Works Department is currently seeking an energetic individual to join the Public Works team as a Water Operator. This is manual maintenance and construction work of some complexity and variety involving the performance of semi-skilled tasks and skilled tasks in municipal utilities and facilities related to hydrants, valves, backflow prevention devices, PRVs, manholes, mains and meters. Under the general direction of a superior the Water Operator also executes assigned utilities projects and other related work with minimal supervision.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You have the ability to build positive working relationships
- You exude positive energy and believe that anything is possible
- You are self-aware, aren’t afraid to laugh at yourself
- You have an Environmental Operator Certification in Water Distribution II accredited through the Environmental Operator Certification Program (EOCP)
- You are able to read, understand and work from sketches and blueprints
- You have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in the water/wastewater environment
- Valid Class 5 British Columbia Motor Vehicle Operators License.
Why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We care deeply about the community we serve
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed
- We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace
- Our compensation starts at $33.16 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number #18-081e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Engineering,Public Works & Operations,Sewer & Wastewater,Water Services
Posted: August 2, 2018, 9:42 am
Expires: September 2, 2018, 4:30 pm