Water Sewer Maintenance Person
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
Our Engineering and Public Works Department is currently seeking an energetic individual to join the Public Works team as a Water Sewer Maintenance Person. This is skilled work at the Tradesman II level involving the inspection, maintenance and repair of pumps, motors and related mechanical equipment, including pressure reducing valves in the City’s water and sewer system. Duties include reading and interpreting instruments and gauges and maintaining records. Considerable independence of action and judgement is exercised in the routine phases of the work, while situations involving major repairs are approved by a supervisor.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You have the ability to build positive working relationships
- You exude positive energy and believe that anything is possible
- You are self-aware, aren’t afraid to laugh at yourself
- You have an Environmental Operator Certification in Water Distribution II and Wastewater Collection II accredited through the Environmental Operator Certification Program (EOCP)
- You have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in the water/wastewater environment
- Valid Class 5 British Columbia Motor Vehicle Operators License.
Why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We care deeply about the community we serve
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed
- We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace
- Our compensation starts at $35.48 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number #18-080e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Engineering,Public Works & Operations,Sewer & Wastewater
Posted: August 2, 2018, 9:34 am
Expires: September 2, 2018, 4:30 pm