Foreman II - Construction
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
We are looking for an exceptional person to join our Engineering and Public Works Department in the role of Foreman II - Construction. This leadership position is an integral part within the Public Works Division. Reporting to a Section Manager and a Superintendent, the Foreman II - Construction is instrumental in developing project plans and cost estimates, allocating resources, assisting subordinates in work related issues and maintaining liaison with other City employees
You are an ideal candidate if you have proven experience in supervisory and technical work in planning, organizing and directing the work of crews engaged in public works and construction projects.
What you bring:
- Considerable knowledge of the rules, by-laws, codes, Provincial regulations and departmental policies and
- procedures applicable to public works, maintenance and construction projects
- Ability to allocate resources efficiently, maintain routine records and prepare simple reports related to the work
- Considerable related experience in a supervisory capacity
- Minimum of two years of recent experience in a position of direct responsibility in charge of civil
- construction or civil repair work
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with internal and external contacts, to
- coordinate the work and to deal tactfully and effectively with the public
- EOCP – Water Distribution II
- Valid Class 5 British Columbia Motor Vehicle Operators License
- A commitment to service excellence and continuous improvement
- A positive and fun attitude.
What we offer:
- An hourly wage of $37.75 plus a competitive benefits package
- Educational opportunities for career and leadership development
- A challenging and rewarding career in the service of our community
- A “Goldilocks” size organization where meaningful impact and contribution happens daily
- A hardworking, fun, and supportive team.
If you have the competencies and characteristics we are looking for and you are interested in what we have to offer, I encourage you apply at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition #18-077e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Construction
Posted: August 2, 2018, 9:06 am
Expires: September 2, 2018, 4:30 pm