Labourer, Water Utilities
The District of West Vancouver’s Utilities Department is currently looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working temporary full-time labourer to join our team. Under the direction of the Superintendent, Utilities, the successful candidate will perform a variety of manual tasks in the maintenance and construction of water utilities, including:
- Performing a variety of tasks in the delivery of water and sewer and storm collection;
- Assisting in the installation, repair, and servicing of water, sewer and storm systems;
- Cleaning trucks and equipment as needed;
- Maintaining equipment in a safe and secure manner;
- Operating basic hand and power tools; such as, shovels, pipe saws, plate tamper, etc.;
- Provide manual labourer assistance on various tasks and assignments;
- Other related duties as required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Work effectively and efficiently in a team environment while maintaining a safety first mentality;
- Use a variety of tools for general maintenance and construction work;
- Work outdoors in a physically demanding role in all types of weather conditions. Preference will be given to candidates with any of the following credentials:
- Experience or training in pipefitting and/or construction
- EOCP - Water Distribution Level 1 Certification
- Confined Space Certification
- Class 5 Driver’s License.
The successful candidate will be required to supply an acceptable criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
Please visit ICBC.com and have them email your Claims History & Driver’s Abstract to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Claims History & Driver’s Abstract must be submitted directly from ICBC or your application will not be processed.
Position Status: Union (WVMEA)– Temporary Full-Time
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay: $25.35 - $28.46 per hour + 12% in lieu of benefits
Closing Date: 11:59 p.m. Friday, August 24, 2018
To Apply: Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.