Theatre Attendant I
Requisition ID: 11352
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To provide a high level of customer service to Vancouver Civic Theatres' patrons by performing various front of house and concession duties during events.
- Perform various duties such as ushering, ticket taking, coat check, barista and concessions.
- In a fast-paced environment, provide outstanding and positive customer service to patrons.
- Maintain order and ensure adherence to safety rules.
- Guide patrons to exits or provide assistance in emergency situations.
- Settle seating disputes or help resolve other customer concerns.
This position requires flexibility in scheduling hours of work and involves non-standard hours, including weekday, evening and weekend shifts.
Interested candidates must be available for a minimum of 4 shifts per week: Friday night, Saturday night, ONE shift on Sunday (either a matinee OR an evening shift) and one other weekday evening. Weekday evening shifts may begin as early as 4PM.
- Preferred, three years' experience within the Hospitality Industry. Banquet server, barista, bartender, receptionist etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills. Energetic, positive and enthusiastic self-starter. Proven track record of going above and beyond.
- Deal tactfully and effectively with challenging situations.
- Ability to work non-standard hours.
- Current Serving It Right Certificate.
- Food Safe Level 1.
- Experience operating Food and Beverage related equipment including but not limited to, coffee machines, popcorn machine, dishwashers, cleaning and sanitizing equipment.
- Experience in handling cash.
- Ability to lift and carry items, up to 30lbs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb stairs and work in darkened and/or noisy venues.
Business Unit/Department: Arts, Culture and Community Services (1200)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: July 2018
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-011: $21.24 to $24.81 per hour
Application Close: Opened until filled.
Applicants must bring with them copies of:
- Current resume
- Three (3) professional references including phone number and emails.
- Copy of Serving It Right certificate.
- Copy of Work Permit, if relevant.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.