City of Courtenay
The City of Courtenay invites applications for the relief position of "Accountant” in the Financial Services Department at City Hall. This is a union position subject to the terms and conditions of the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance this position performs complex accounting work and technical tasks; maintains computerized financial records; analyzes data, interprets information, and provides financial recommendations.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Full CPA certification
- Sound (3-5 years) accounting experience
- Some experience in payroll and municipal accounting is considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of various office equipment and office computer software programs
- Considerable knowledge of accounting, payroll, and auditing principles
- Considerable knowledge of legislation and regulations governing general accounting practices
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time management, analytical, problem solving, computer and keyboarding skills
- Ability to oversee the work of others
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and independently
- Ability to multi-task and cope effectively with deadlines
- Sound work ethics
- Criminal Record Check
This is a temporary full-time position available in September 2018 for approximately 15 months or until the return of the incumbent. Hours of work are generally 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
The 2018 wage rates, based on a 35-hour workweek, are $34.74 to start, $36.64 after 3 months, and $38.94 after 6 months.
If you take pride in serving your community and your personal values align with the City of Courtenay’s Core Values, then submit your resume and covering letter clearly marked “Relief Accountant” at www.courtenay.ca/jobs no later than July 31, 2018.
Location: Courtenay, BC
Region: North and Central Vancouver Island / Sunshine Coast
Professional Categories: Financial Administration
Posted: July 23, 2018, 2:47 pm
Expires: August 26, 2018, 4:30 pm