BC Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction
Senior Codes Engineer/Architect, Energy Efficient BuildingsSalary $67,495.11 - $84,301.57 annually
Core activities of the Building and Safety Standards Branch include the governance of aspects of the building regulatory system framework as well as the stewardship of the development and application of the BC Building Code, and the BC Fire Code (the Codes).
The Senior Codes Engineer/Architect - Energy Efficient Buildings analyzes and develops province wide strategic plans to reduce barriers to sustainable energy efficiency projects or "green building" as a result of existing provincial regulations or policies, and develops guidelines, standards, design criteria, specifications and special provisions for new energy efficiency approaches for the British Columbia building regulatory system framework.
The position leads policy, standards and regulation development; examines, develops and tests energy efficiency requirements and practical guidelines; and collaborates with other provincial ministries, local governments, the National Code Centre and stakeholders to develop rational and modern regulatory frameworks for application of energy efficiency design and construction requirements, and ease of application of the Building Code. The position provides leadership and authoritative planning guidance and expertise to all project teams in the branch with respect to energy efficient building policy issues.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/architecture and a minimum of seven (7) years related experience; OR
- Master’s and a minimum of five (5) years related experience; OR
- Equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Full registration or eligibility for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia or the Architectural Institute of BC.
- Significant experience in the measurement and management of building and community scale energy systems.
- Experience in business planning in the alternative energy and energy efficient buildings sectors.
- Experience in the practical application of economic theory to resource management problems and issues, in particular as this applies to energy efficient buildings technologies and management practices.
- Experience leading diverse multi-stakeholder groups in the development of policy, legislation, discussion papers, etc., in particular as this relates to energy efficient buildings.
Registered or immediately eligible for registration as a fully licensed professional with one of the following associations: Engineers and Geoscientists BC (Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia) or Architectural Institute of BC. If you are not yet registered with any of these Professional Associations, please explain how you are immediately eligible for registration (i.e. currently a fully licensed registered professional member in good standing in another Canadian jurisdiction and can immediately transfer to the Engineers and Geoscientists BC or AIBC).
For more information and to apply online by August 24, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/52108
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Engineering,Energy Management
Posted: July 17, 2018, 2:49 pm
Expires: August 24, 2018, 4:30 pm