After School Program Leader
The West Vancouver Community Services Department is currently looking for outgoing and energetic After School Kids Club Program Leaders to join our team on a casual basis. The Kids Club Program at Gleneagles Community Centre, is a play-based after school program offered to children from grades K-5.
This position will be responsible for:
- guiding, engaging and caring for school-aged children while providing a safe and welcoming environment for both children and parents;
- leading and instructing various activities for children;
- demonstrating professionalism with participant and parent interactions;
- creating weekly activity schedules and supervising children during activities;
- ensuring all proper documentation is completed and maintained, including participant medical/feedback forms and tracking participant attendance;
- cleaning and tidying the program equipment and washing dishes;
- preparing and serving snacks;
- ensuring safety of children, monitoring and correcting behavior, enforcing policy, administering minor first aid and following accident and emergency procedures; and,
- completing other related duties as required.
The successful candidate will have: completed a Grade 12 education; a well presented and professional demeanor; excellent communication skills; an aptitude for working with children; a valid Emergency First Aid certificate and current CPR level C.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
Non-Union – Casual
Hours of Work:
Up to 20 hours per week. Shifts available Mon-Fri 2:15-6:15 p.m. (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$15.00 - $20.00 per hour plus 4% in lieu of benefits
11:59 p.m., Monday, August 20, 2018
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply via the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.