Birthday Party Leader
The West Vancouver Parks, Culture & Community Services Department is currently looking for enthusiastic, outgoing, and high energy Birthday Party Leaders to join our team of customer service professionals on a casual basis. Working as part of a team, this position will strive to ensure the smooth and efficient success of scheduled birthday celebrations at our community centres.
This position will be responsible for:
- setting up and decorating the party room with decorations;
- greeting parents, guests, and children upon arrival and assisting them with any pre-party arrangements as required;
- supervising children during various activities, which may include: bouncy castles, face painting, and other fun activities;
- leading sports and games;
- interacting with children, parents, and guests;
- serving food and cake to all the attending guests;
- cleaning up the party room after the party; and,
- completing other related duties as required.
The preferred candidate will have: a well presented and professional demeanor; excellent communication skills; and an aptitude for handling large groups of children.
The successful candidate has completed Emergency First Aid training and CPR level C.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
Non-Union – Casual
Hours of Work:
5-10 hours per week. This position will be required to work on weekends. (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$13.00 - $19.00 per hour plus 4% in Lieu of Benefits
11:59 p.m. Monday, August 20, 2018
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply via the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.