Municipality of Jasper
Director of Operations
Are you passionate about public service and contributing to your community? Do you get excited about leading staff team and inspiring an organization to meet its strategic goals, always seeking creative solutions to complex issues where constant improvement is the norm? If you believe in providing quality services to our residents and visitors while valuing the people who deliver these services, we would like to speak with you!
Jasper is a world-renowned vacation destination offering first class visitor attractions, activities, facilities and services. The Municipality nestles in a rugged wilderness of unparalleled beauty featuring towering snow-capped mountain peaks while providing the backdrop for evergreen forests, pristine glacier fed lakes and waterfalls. The resident population is approximately 5,000 and the summer population grows to close to 25,000 each day with guests from around the world. The Municipality of Jasper prizes environmental integrity, social equity, economic sustainability, cultural vitality and participative governance.
It is an exceptional place to work and play in a community set in the natural splendour of Jasper National Park.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer and as a key member of the senior management team, the Director of Operations provides oversight and leadership for the operations department including; asset management, capital projects, water and wastewater utilities, roads and streets, solid waste, the cemetery and municipal parks. Your departmental responsibilities of organizing, planning, coordinating and directing public works activities, you oversee a team of talented managers and advocate for a collective culture of mutual collaboration across the organization.
The ideal candidate is a results oriented professional that is passionate about public service and improving service delivery. The candidate will bring innovation and effective leadership to the department, is enthusiastic about growing, developing and empowering staff and have the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with people within and outside the organization.
The successful candidate will lead a team of staff, ensure operational requirements are met, determine priorities and work effectively with the senior management team, elected officials and the public. We are seeking an innovative results oriented individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
You will have:
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team effectively and boost workplace morale
- University or technical degree and a minimum five years of related municipal experience at management level (the Municipality may also consider an accepted combination of education and experience);
- Strong working knowledge of the theory, principles, practices and techniques of public works, municipal water and sewers engineering, and utilities maintenance functions;
- Strong working knowledge of applicable federal, provincial and local laws, codes and regulations governing the administration of public works and public utilities functions and activities;
- Ability to analyze complex issues and problems. Ability to evaluate alternative solutions; and develop sound conclusions, recommendations and courses of action;
- A track record of leadership and innovation;
- Excellent human resource management, leadership, administrative and organizational skills;
- Strong public relations skills.
The Municipality of Jasper offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package, including a pension plan. Municipal rental housing in Jasper is available.
For a copy of the job description, please visit our website at www.jasper-alberta.com
Applications are invited, in the form of a detailed resume with a covering letter summarizing your qualifications, skills and experience relative to the requirements of the position, by 4:00 p.m. Monday August 20, 2018 to:
Human Resources Manager
Municipality of Jasper
Jasper, AB T0E 1E0
Location: Jasper, AB
Region: Banff / Jasper / Rocky Mountain House
Professional Categories: Engineering,Public Works & Operations
Posted: July 16, 2018, 2:32 pm
Expires: August 20, 2018, 4:00 pm