Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Recreation Worker 3 (Lifeguards/Instructors)
Parks and Recreation
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
Shifts vary (includes evenings and weekends / minimum commitment 5 hours a week)
$22.88 per hour + 12% in lieu of all benefits
- CPR “C” level, current within 1 year of last certification.
- Bronze Cross or National Lifeguard Service Certificate, current within 2 years of certification.
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, current within 2 years of last certification.
- Must hold a Social Insurance Number card (SIN) or Confirmation of SIN letter issued by Service Canada and a Canadian Birth Certificate or valid Canadian Passport (originals will need to be shown on first day of hire).
- Must be able to successfully pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
- Training requires a 3 month commitment at the start of hire on Tues/Thurs evenings and the occasional Saturday afternoon.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- Ability to demonstrate pleasant and courteous public relations with facility patrons.
- Ability to remain alert and professional while on duty.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to prepare and maintain high quality lessons and lesson plans.
- Ability to ensure all required awards and certifications remain current.
Please drop off your completed application form, resume and cover letter, attention to: Nancy Barberie, Instructional Supervisor at Canada Games Pool, 65 East Sixth Avenue, New Westminster, BC, quoting competition #18-99 by September 21, 2018. Application forms are available at the reception desk. If you require further information, please contact Nancy at 604-526-4281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The City of New Westminster is committed to employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.