City of Courtenay
Strategic Business Analyst
The City of Courtenay has an exciting career opportunity in the Legislative & Corporate Services Department for a "Strategic Business Analyst”. Reporting to the Manager of Business Performance, this exempt position involves the development, implementation and management of the City’s analytical and performance measurement strategies, policies and processes and works closely with senior leadership and all departments in the execution of business performance strategies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A college/university degree in business or finance or another relevant program.
- A minimum of three years of experience providing related support to management teams including creation of materials such as business cases, formal presentations and briefing notes
- A minimum of three years of increasingly senior experience in strategic financial planning, reporting, budgeting and analysis functions
You will also possess:
- Change management, risk management, and/or project management experience
- Proven experience with activity, workflow and organizational analysis for process reengineering or efficiency improvements
- Ability to work at an advanced level in MS programs
- Demonstrated exposure and understanding of internal control systems in a multidivisional organization
- Ability to work with ambiguity and thrive in a changing environment while experiencing resource constraints
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate complex financial matters to a nonfinancial audience
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills with the ability to identify trends, establish benchmarks and provide credible analysis and business recommendations with particular emphasis on periodic variance analysis and reporting
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to create integrated plans, influence outcomes and engage multiple stakeholders
- Capacity to build partnerships, work collaboratively and effectively communicate
- Recognized as ethical, independent and service focused, demonstrating high standards of professionalism and respect for confidentiality
- A recognized professional accounting designation (CPA or equivalent) or completion of an MPA or MBA program is an asset.
- Certification and training in change management, risk management, project management and/or quality improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma would be an asset
- Local government experience
- Certification(s) by the BC Local Government Board of Examiners
This is a full-time position available soon. In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you’ll receive a competitive base salary plus a generous benefits package including:
- A comprehensive health benefits plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Cumulative Sick Leave Plan
- Annual Vacation and Other Paid Leaves
- Professional Development & Training Opportunities
If you take pride in serving your community and your personal values align with the City of Courtenay’s Core Values, then submit your resume and cover letter by July 25, 2018.
To submit your application, go to www.courtenay.ca/jobs
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
Location: Courtenay, BC
Region: North and Central Vancouver Island / Sunshine Coast
Professional Categories: Business Analysis/Services,Strategic Initiatives/Planning
Posted: July 12, 2018, 12:27 pm
Expires: July 25, 2018, 4:30 pm