Business AnalystFinance & Technology – Information Technology & GIS
Status Regular Fulltime
Hours of Work 70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay $42.44 - $48.13 per hour (2016 rates)
Review of applications begins 4:00pm on July 25, 2018
Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Resource Planning, this position is an integral part of a functional team responsible for the ongoing support and development of the CRD’s Enterprise Resource Planning system, SAP. The position is part of a support team responsible for day to day support related to SAP, oversees development projects, training programs, Helpdesk activities, annual support package test routines, SAP roles/authorizations and functions as a technical expert in a variety of SAP modules.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with business units to define functional requirements and functional designs to support the organization’s strategy and future business goals
- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generates innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges
- Facilitates business requirements analysis and functional design work sessions including creating business presentations, communications, and documentation
- Leads functional system design in the development of SAP modules
- Directs consulting services, ensuring project work meets desired outcomes
- Prepares and delivers system demonstrations to stakeholders to validate business approach
- Identifies creative solutions to business requirements, analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of alternatives, and provides recommendations
- Works with SAP, external vendors and consulting firms to obtain additional insights, approaches and solutions to various business requirements
- Provides IT resource estimates for preparation of business case and project costing
- Executes projects utilizing current project management standards and protocols
- Follows all defined technology standards and processes and provides input for improvements as required and/or identified
- Provides expertise to train and support groups as appropriate before system go-lives
- Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate
- Uses an effective interpersonal style to build, inspire, and sustain a cohesive team by focusing the team on its mission and importance of the role to organizational success
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD • Performs other related duties as required
- A related Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 6 years’ experience in SAP or equivalent ERP functional design and development or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience being involved in or leading SAP or equivalent ERP development projects
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Experienced working within an Enterprise Architecture, where systems and data have many inter-relationships and dependencies and an understanding of the critical nature of these relationships.
- Experienced in information technology systems design and development methodologies as related to the systems development lifecycle.
- Excellent business systems and process analysis skills in a complex computerized environment.
- Ability to understand and support a large range of systems including but not limited to, Finance, Human Resources, Payroll, Utilities, Maintenance Management, Asset Accounting, Project Systems and Real Estate Management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to elicit requirements from business users including experience facilitating requirements analysis and functional design working sessions.
- Experience managing teams of consultants focused on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Strong leadership skills to provide advice and guidance to team members.
- Strong project management skills to ensure projects are delivered in scope, on time and within budget.
- Direct experience with business process re-engineering.
- High level of proficiency and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence (Class 5).
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”. The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Business Analysis/Services
Posted: July 12, 2018, 11:18 am
Expires: July 31, 2018, 10:12 am