THE OKANAGAN LIFESTYLE IS CALLING
Grow your career in one of the best places on earth. Forget the long commute. Kayak or walk on the waterfront at sunrise, put in an honest day’s work, and still have plenty of time for a bike ride or round of golf before sunset. Fill your weekends with wine tours, hiking, mountain biking, downhill or cross country skiing, or boating. Or enjoy one of the many campgrounds within less than an hour’s drive from home.
The City of West Kelowna is looking for an experienced and customer service focused individual to join our building inspections team on a full time basis. We are looking to hire a Level 3 Building Inspector, however if you have a Level 2 BOABC certification and you are close to be certified as a Level 3 your application will be considered.
WHAT MORE DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive salary combined with excellent pension, health and dental benefits
- On the job development and training opportunities
- Four weeks’ vacation after two years
- Career advancement potential
- Free staff parking
WHO IS THE IDEAL CANDIDATE?
- A professional who qualifies as a Level III Inspector with the Building Officials Association of BC and Level I with the Plumbing Officials
- Journeyman Level Certification in one or more acceptable construction trade or Civil and Structural Engineering Diploma
- An experienced inspector with at least 3-5 years in the role
- Association of BC and has registered Building Official Certification under the Building Officials’ Act
- A person who knows the BC Building Code and provincial acts, standards and regulations
- An effective problem solver with a solution-oriented mentality
- A multi-tasker who can manage complex projects and identify and overcome obstacles
- A strong relationship builder who can connect with businesses, customers, development representatives and external clients
- A positive influencer who starts every shift ready to review plans, issue permits and conduct inspections.
- A person who can keep the Building Inspections schedule on track to ensure efficient, reliable service to our customers
- A worker who’s conscientious of safe operating procedures and occupational health and safety guidelines
- An employee who’s software savvy with Excel, Outlook and Word
- A proven communicator and collaborator who makes sound recommendations consistent with legislative requirements
For more information or to apply online, please visit www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. If you are the right person, you’ll definitely hear from us. If not, please keep working at your career; we’re growing so fast, we might very well meet in the future.
COMPETITION 18-48E | OPENS JULY 11, 2018 | PAY $42.13/40HR/WK
Location: West Kelowna, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Building Technology/Inspection
Posted: July 12, 2018, 9:33 am
Expires: September 12, 2018, 4:30 pm