Co-op/Career Path Student
Human Resources Assistant
Join the Human Resources team at the City of Kelowna! Are you a dynamic, energetic person who enjoys being part of a strong collaborative team? Are you highly organized and a self-starter with strong computer skills? Come join our HR department at the City and help us deliver exceptional customer service to our internal and external clients with a smile!
We deliver a full range of HR services to support the City’s goal of being the best mid-sized city in North America! You will be responsible for a variety of HR-related duties including: HR reception, recruitment support, project work and administration services/support for the HR team. You will learn, be challenged, and gain valuable work experience to help launch your HR career.
- Enrolled in a full time Education Program at a post-secondary institution
- Completion of one year in business administration diploma/degree with a specialty in HR
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, data entry and typing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- A good sense of humour and a positive outlook
This assignment is an eight-month term, starting early September 2018 until early May 2019. The salary is $18.69 per hour plus 14% in lieu of benefits, vacation and statutory holidays.
Apply online at kelowna.ca/careers by July 29, 2018
Applicants not contacted within three weeks of the competition closing date are thanked for their interest.