(Permanent Full Time)
The Municipality of North Cowichan is looking for an experienced property administrator who is a confident self-starter able to manage the municipality’s real estate interests and initiatives in alignment with the Municipality’s strategic vision and key priorities.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, this position’s core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiating property acquisitions and dispositions;
- Appraising Municipal real estate interests;
- Commissioning and reviewing external appraisal reports;
- Researching, reviewing and writing reports on property matters;
- Coordinating rezonings, OCP amendments, and subdivisions of municipally owned property;
- Preparing, reviewing and submitting land title and Crown tenure applications;
- Coordinating land referrals and replies to the referral agencies;
- Researching and analyzing title, assessment, land use, and real estate data;
- Compiling and maintaining information and inventories on surplus municipal property;
- Developing and implementing new land management policies and procedures;
- Providing confidential advice to management, committees and Council on real estate matters;
- Responding to queries on property matters from internal and external stakeholders.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Abilities:
- Degree in Business, Commerce, Real Estate, Planning, Public Administration or Diploma in Land Economics or an equivalent level of formal post-secondary education.
- Accreditation with the Real Estate Institute of BC, Appraisal Institute of Canada, or the Real Estate Institute of Canada.
- Five years of relevant and progressive work experience.
- Proficiency interpreting land title charges, legal survey plans, and other legal documents.
- Highly effective negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Working knowledge of the Land Title Act, Local Government Act, Community Charter, Land Act and other statutes and regulations.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software, geographical information systems and online land registry systems.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work with changing priorities while meeting multiple deadlines and working independently.
- Possession and maintenance of a valid Class 5 B.C. Driver's Licence; a satisfactory current driver's abstract will be required.
Candidates being considered will be required to undergo a comprehensive evaluation of skills, qualifications, and abilities. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a police information check.
Review of applications received will commence on August 1, 2018. You are encouraged to submit your application prior to this date for full consideration, however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found or until otherwise advised on our website.
Please submit cover letter and resume clearly detailing how your skills, qualifications and abilities match those required for this position by 4:30 p.m., on July 31st, 2018. If you will be sending your application by way of email, PDF format is preferred.
Please reply to the undersigned, quoting the competition number and position title.
Human Resources Department firstname.lastname@example.org Fax 250.746.3139
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.