City of Surrey
(Part Time - 1 position)
The City of Surrey's Parks, Recreation & Culture Department is seeking regular full time Head Lifeguards to provide leadership, supervision and direction in the development of fun and interactive activities, special events and facility operations.
- Provide leadership, direction and supervision to a team of high performing Lifeguards, Instructors, and facility support staff.
- Ensure the facility is well maintained and kept clean and safe on a daily basis, in accordance with BC Health Act.
- Perform and direct staff in routine maintenance such as cleaning change rooms, performing scheduled checks of water quality and equipment functions.
- Instruct leadership courses, in-service training and assist in developing program and activity schedules suited to the needs and interests of the facility participants.
- Lead or participate in planning, organizing and delivering special events and leisure swim activities.
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Lifeguard / Instructor and aquatic program leader.
- Possess valid certificates in National Lifeguard Service – Pool option, Water Safety Instructor, Standard First Aid with CPR C and Pool Operator Level One.
- One or more Industry aquatic courses are desired.
- Ability to work in a high energy, positive environment.
Please apply by Friday, July 27, 2018.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
The successful candidate will be placed within a City of Surrey pool location based on operational requirements.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation
Posted: July 10, 2018, 11:38 am
Expires: July 27, 2018, 4:30 pm