Planning and Land Development Technician
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford has an immediate opening for a full-time Planning and Land Development Technician position.
Reporting to the Director of Planning and Subdivision, the Planning and Land Development Technician is responsible for the performance of technical planning and land development services including processing, recording and maintaining information relating to development applications and providing customer service to internal and external clients.
Applicants are required to have some knowledge of municipal planning and subdivision procedures in British Columbia and a proven ability to communicate well with the public. Qualifications include:
- A combination of post-secondary education and work experience in Planning, Civil Engineering, Surveying, or a closely related field and equivalent to two (2) years’ experience;
- Working knowledge of standard planning, building and subdivision procedures and methods, local bylaws, policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of Provincial legislation relevant to municipal planning and subdivision;
- An ability to read and interpret plans, specifications and other data;
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).Experience with mapping software (such as CityView or GIS) would be an asset;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with limited supervision;
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and tactful manner;
- Ability to work on a number of concurrent tasks with deadline pressures;
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with discretion and integrity;
- A valid and current BC driver's license.
For the full job description, please refer to the City of Langford website at www.langford.ca.
Salary range for this full time position is $31.19 to $34.08 per hour. Hours of work are 8:00 – 4:30 (35 hours a week), with a modified work week.
Please submit your resume by noon on Friday, July 27th, 2018 to the City of Langford, Human Resources Department, 2nd Floor, 877 Goldstream Avenue, Victoria, BC, V9B 2X8 or e-mail at email@example.com (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail.)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
2nd Floor · 877 Goldstream Avenue · Langford, BC Canada · V9B 2X8 T · 250-478-7882 F · 250-478-7864
Location: Langford, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Planning & Development
Posted: July 6, 2018, 2:31 pm
Expires: July 27, 2018, 12:00 pm