Financial Analyst (Senior Financial Officer)Finance & Technology – Major Projects
Hours of Work 70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay $39.86 - $45.19 per hour (plus 14% in lieu of benefits) (2016 rates)
Review of applications begins 4:00pm on August 13, 2018
Notes The anticipated length of this term assignment is approximately 6 months.
The Senior Financial Officer is responsible for providing accounting expertise and support to the Capital Regional Housing Corporation (CRHC), inclusive of the Regional Housing First Program (RHFP). This position is responsible for the planning and budget process, full life-cycle accounting process, assisting, guiding and supporting the client department(s) with their financial requirements and reporting.
Please note: this position may support other client divisions as and when needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and analyses business cases for proposed projects, including debt servicing, financial feasibility and quantify impact on budgets and forecasts.
- Supports the development of the annual operating and capital budget and 4 year projection process.
- Analyses budgets, business plans and on-going financial results.
- Builds financial business cases to assess initiatives.
- Provides strategic financial advice and decision support to client area.
- Prepares financial reconciliations, financial statements, analytical reports, ad hoc reporting for CRHC/RHFP.
- Monitors and analyses operating and capital expenditures, reviews and reports on budgetary variances, and prepares capital progress reports.
- Prepares summaries of accounts, balance and reconcile statements, prepares journal entries, and processes payments on accounts.
- Supports the Sr. Financial Advisor(s) of CRHC producing reports and financial statements as required, maintaining the cash forecast and providing support services as required.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- CPA designation and a degree in a related discipline, such as Business or Accounting, plus five (5) years’ relevant experience in a complex accounting environment providing expertise and advice or an equivalent combination of education and experience including exposure to financial reporting, budgeting and capital reporting.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel skills including the ability to work with large amounts of data/create pivot tables, financial modelling, ad hoc reports, etc.
- Strong systems experience (ability to work with large financial systems, generate reports, analyse data etc.)
- Experience working with an ERP system, such as SAP, including experience with financial modules and Project Systems
- Knowledge of audit and financial reporting software such as Caseware is an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate initiative and personal accountability
- Demonstrated attention to detail with a commitment to data accuracy and integrity
- Excellent analytical and technical skills, as well as robust knowledge of budgeting concepts and principles; proven ability to develop complex operating and capital budgets
- Problem solving and issue resolution skills demonstrated in a complex business environment
- Ability to use independent judgement and discretion, determine priorities and meet deadlines
- High degree of integrity, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Experience with preparation of year-end working papers, financial statements, and account reconciliations
- Proficient knowledge of Multi-Fund Accounting
- Ability to interpret regulations, by-laws, contracts and procedures of a diverse nature
- Knowledge, or willingness to gain, of PSAB, Community Charter, Local Government Act and social housing
- Ability to maintain professionalism, objectivity, tact and diplomacy in all situations.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”. The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Financial Administration
Posted: July 3, 2018, 11:34 am
Expires: August 13, 2018, 4:30 pm