Recreation Facility Attendant
Casual (Up to 35 hours/week)
The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The Recreation and Culture Department seeks individuals with exceptional customer service skills to join their team on a casual basis. Recreation Facility Attendants support user groups and the public for a number of community and dry-floor programs and special events and perform light custodial work. Responsibilities include setting up and removing equipment and furniture, supervising and assisting in programs, enforcing proper facility and equipment usage, performing general clerical tasks, and assisting with building security.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by some related experience, or completion of a certificate program in recreation, or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Working knowledge of policies and regulations regarding municipal recreation facilities equipment, and public conduct;
- Working knowledge of facility programs, schedules, and bookings;
- Outstanding customer service skills to deal effectively and courteously with the public;
- Ability to exercise initiative and perform tasks without direct supervision;
- Ability to set up and remove equipment and furniture;
- Ability to maintain clerical records related to the work;
- Proficiency in the use of computer systems related to the work, including Microsoft Office software;
- Ability to work cooperatively and amicably in a team environment with a safety first attitude;
- Available to work shifts on days, evenings, and/or weekends;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license with proof of a safe and responsible driving record;
- Ability to successfully pass a police information check.
The hourly wage of this appointment is $22.04 to $25.84 with select benefits offered. If your experience and education have prepared you for success and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume and your current driver’s abstract.
4:30 p.m., Sunday, July 15th, 2018
Submit Your Application:
Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted.