City of Port Alberni
The City of Port Alberni is a community of 17,500 people. Located centrally on Vancouver Island, Port Alberni is a well-serviced municipality that offers residents affordable west coast living, as well as proximity to oceanfront, lakes, rivers and mountains.
The City is currently looking for a Accounting Clerk - Utilities to join a progressive and dynamic organization as part of the Finance team. This position reports to the Deputy Director of Finance.
Specific duties include:
- processing accounts payable and receivable transactions
- preparing and analyzing the billing and balancing of property tax, program and facility charges, water, sewer, and garbage account charges and payments
- providing information and assistance to various contacts and in response to enquiries as required
- assuming the duties of cashier one day per week and as back-up, receiving, recording and balancing payments for all types of City accounts and services
- providing assistance to the public in response to enquiries and questions concerning taxes, accounts and related matters
Qualifications & Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12
- Successful completion of mid-level accounting courses
- Previous related accounting, payroll and/or clerical experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Sound knowledge of the methods, procedures and practices applicable in processing accounts payable/receivable transactions or applicable to processing utility account transactions
This position is part of the CUPE Local 118 bargaining unit. The successful candidate will be required to complete a police information check.
For additional information, including a full job description, please go to http://www.portalberni.ca/employment-opportunities.
Qualified individuals may apply by forwarding a resume and cover letter by 4:30 pm on July 23, 2018:
|Attention:||Krista Tremblay, Manager of Human Resources|
|By mail:||City of Port Alberni, 4850 Argyle Street, Port Alberni, BC V9Y 1V8|
Location: Port Alberni, BC
Region: North and Central Vancouver Island / Sunshine Coast
Professional Categories: Financial Administration
Posted: June 29, 2018, 9:27 am
Expires: July 23, 2018, 4:30 pm