City of Surrey
Millwright (Pumps & Controls)
(6 month temporary full time)
The City of Surrey’s Engineering Department has a 6 month temporary full time opportunity for a Millwright in the Pumps and Controls Section. The Engineering Department is a fast paced environment serving a rapidly growing city of over 475,000 residents. This is an excellent opportunity where you are able to gain valuable experience in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
Reporting to the Manager, Pumps & Control in our Engineering Department, you will install, assemble, maintain and troubleshoot pumps, machinery, equipment and piping/pipefitting. You may also be required to drive a City vehicle to and from job sites and perform heavy manual outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
You will be responsible for:
- dismantling, moving, assembling and installing a variety of pumps, machinery and equipment
- vibration, thermography and infrared analysis
- performing gas and electric welding tasks
- investigating failures and malfunctions
- assisting other employees in performing their duties
- performing other job related duties as assigned
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Completion of Grade 12 and Millwright Trades Qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a journeyman millwright in an industrial or public works environment
- A Machinist with pump maintenance experience will also be considered an asset
- Millwright B.C. and IP Trades Qualifications.
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license with a safe driving record
This job posting will close on July 18th, 2018.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Machining/Millwright
Posted: June 27, 2018, 3:24 pm
Expires: July 18, 2018, 4:30 pm