Utility Operator IIIPosting Date: June 27, 2018
Closing Date: July 16, 2018
Schedule: 40 hours/week
Competition #: 18-43E
The City of West Kelowna is a vibrant, growing city located on the west shores of beautiful Okanagan Lake. Our employees consistently achieve remarkable results in a fast paced and innovative environment. The City of West Kelowna’s Utilities Department has an opening for a Utility Operator III.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
The Utility Operator III works alongside Level I and II Utility Operators to promote the safe, efficient and effective operation and maintenance of the City’s water and wastewater systems. The Utility Operator III will operate, maintain, control and monitor the CWK’s utility systems, including raw water storage and supply, pressure reducing stations, booster stations, water meters, chlorination systems, reservoirs, collection network, lift stations, performing water quality sampling and analysis and maintain accurate records The position will perform routine inspections of CWK systems and maintain documentation of all inspections, malfunctions and corrective actions as well as perform construction, maintenance and repair of utilities systems. The successful candidate will be able to work flexible hours including shift work and will be required to take part in the after-hours, on-call roasters and emergency call-outs.
- Grade 12 education plus Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) Level III in Water Distribution, Wastewater Collections or Water Treatment
- 4 years’ operating experience in a Class III or higher system / facility
- Occupational First Aid Level I
- Confined Space Entry
- Chlorine Handling Certificate
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- Water Engineering Technology Diploma (or similar) preferred
- BCWWA Tester and / or Inspector Certification in Cross Connection Control preferred
- Dam Inspection and Maintenance training preferred
- Valid Class III or I License with Air Endorsement preferred.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE received by 4:30 pm on the above closing date. Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Location: West Kelowna, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Sewer & Wastewater,Water Services
Posted: June 27, 2018, 3:05 pm
Expires: July 16, 2018, 4:30 pm