BC Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Kamloops, Nanaimo, Nelson, Prince George, Vancouver or Victoria
Director, FrontCounter BCSalary $100,000.00 - $125,000.00 annually
The preferred location for this position is Kamloops; other locations may be considered.
FrontCounter BC provides a range of services to the public and to other government agencies involved in utilizing and managing Crown land and natural resources. FrontCounter BC assists clients by coordinating access to tenures, permits, licenses, Crown land sales and grants for all the natural resource sector agencies. It is a single window service for businesses and individual citizens seeking information and/or authorizations to utilize Crown natural resources. FrontCounter BC staff help navigate the application process from start to finish.
The Director of the FrontCounter BC & Authorizations Provincial Team provides leadership, direction and expert advice in developing and implementing policies, standards, strategies and delivery models on a variety of authorizations and client service initiatives. The Director also provides leadership in performance management and business improvement processes focused on authorizations business across the Natural Resource Ministries. Additionally, the Director negotiates/manages service agreements, oversees the data infrastructure, and leads communication and marketing programs.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary degree in a related field [e.g., business administration, public sector management, public administration, or natural resources] and five years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years’ current program/project leadership experience implementing program/project outcomes to improve business processes and achieve results, specifically programs/projects related to resource sector management.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in working with internal and external stakeholders, resolving conflicts both in the workplace and between stakeholder group representatives, and staff management, preferably in a union environment. Preference may be given to candidates with experience leading/managing large and geographically dispersed virtual teams [15-30 FTEs] and managing service delivery to a large and varied range of stakeholders across the province.
- 2 years’ experience in program management; analysing complex information from multiple sources; making recommendations for new policy, legislation or strategic directions; preparing briefing documents, high level reports, and decision papers; and contract development and management.
- Experience with large-scale business transformation initiatives in the public sector.
For more information and to apply online by July 20, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/51738
Location: Kamloops, BC
Region: Thompson / Shuswap / Columbia
Professional Categories: Executive / Administrative Management
Posted: June 26, 2018, 2:56 pm
Expires: July 20, 2018, 4:30 pm